Best Drone For GoPro Camera. Only High Quality Camera Drones!
If you’re interested in capturing and sharing images and video, GoPro is a leader in its industry. The company produces action cameras, giving the world every opportunity to grab meaningful experiences in the most adventurous ways. You can find GoPro in the hands of professional photographers, film producers, music video directors, daredevils and more.
These users also love the way drones vastly open up their opportunities with a GoPro. Using the best drone for GoPro means telling stories you otherwise couldn’t have without a broad range of heavy equipment and technicians. With the best GoPro drone, we turn out stunning video and pictures.
- Our Top Drones For Gopro Camera
- Best Drones For Gopro Reviews
- 3D Robotics IRIS+ Multicopter Bundle
- Traxxas Aton Plus Quadcopter
- Coocheer Syma X8G 2.4 GHz 4CH 6 Axis Headless Mode RC Drone Quadcopter
- Walkera QR X350 Pro Quadcopter GPS Drone with Devo 7 Transmitter RTF
- Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter RTF with GoPro Gimbal
- 3DR Solo Drone Quadcopter
- DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter V2.0 Bundle
- Blade 350 QX RTF R/C Quadcopter Firmware 2.0 Drone
- Parrot AR Drone Quadricopter 2.0 Edition
- Walkera Scout X4 Ready to Fly FPV RC Quadcopter
- Ehang GHOSTDRONE 2.0 Aerial
- Ionic Stratus Drone Quadcopter for GoPro
- Cheerson CXHOBBY CX-20 Professional
- Splash Drone Mariner II Waterproof Drone
- XIRO Xplorer Quadcopter Kit GoPro – G Version
- AEE Technology AP9 GPS Drone Quadcopter Aircraft System
- Walkera H500 Carbon Edition Ready to Fly Hexacopter
- Making The Decision
Our Top Drones For Gopro Camera
|11.4 x 11.4 x 8.1 inches||6.8 pounds||Our Review|
|18 x 18 x 10 inches||3.3 pounds||Our Review|
|20 x 10 x 14 inches||9 pounds||Our Review|
Best Drones For Gopro Reviews
3D Robotics IRIS+ Multicopter Bundle
To compile the best quadcopters for GoPro list, we would be negligent to not include the 3D Robotics IRIS+ Multicopter Bundle. The IRIS+ is engineered to automatically fly itself, giving you breathing room to manage a two axis gimbal stabilization system. The device has a Follow Me mode. Center the camera on yourself while it captures stunning landscapes with a GoPro (not included).
- 3D Robotics Iris+ Multicopter
- Remote Control
- Jestik 4GB USB Drive
- Ground Station Radio
- Extra set of PRC0009 Propellers
- Two (2) 5100mAh 3S 8C Lithium Polymer Batteries
- Battery Charger
- The device has a payload capacity of 0.8 pounds.
- You can stay in the air between 16 and 22 minutes.
- The drone’s arms are lined with LEDs, ensuring directional awareness.
- On-screen telemetry provides real time data.
- The system’s tablet-based software allows effortless flight planning.
- The LED lights make it easy to know where your drone is and makes for a beautiful sight when flying for fun.
- Follow Me mode lets storytellers put unique perspectives on their adventures.
- Grab a GoPro (not included) and gimbal (not included) and create a personal aerial photo operation.
- The manufacturer reportedly no longer supports the IRIS+.
- Getting the optional GoPro and gimbal makes buying the IRIS+ a costly investment.
The 3D Robotics IRIS+ Multicopter Bundle is a ready to fly operation. Charge the battery, attach the props to the drone, and take to the skies to create.
Traxxas Aton Plus Quadcopter
The Traxxas Aton Plus Quadcopter is an exceptional choice for an ultra-stable performance. Put it in film mode and create stunning tales. Shift over to sport mode and have fun flying at 50+ mph. The LiPo battery promises extended flight times. The two axis gimbal is ready for your GoPro.
Advanced pilots will be impressed with the Aton Plus’s flexibility and agility. The novice will appreciate features like extreme air braking and dual mode GPS. This gives newbies time to learn to fly until they can cut loose. On top of that, the tough composite frame minimizes damage.
- Traxxas Aton Plus Quadcopter
- 2-Axis Gimbal
- 3-Cell 5000mAh iD LiPo Battery
- 3-amp AC LiPo Charger
- The Aton Plus has a stabilizing two axis gimbal for your action camera.
- The tough composite frame, easy to follow status bar and highly visible LED lighting ensures your investment is safe in the air.
- The Flight Link app utilizes a smartphone to customize flight settings.
- Traxxas has provided users with three modes: Film, Sport and Expert.
- The device is capable of unsurpassed speeds when it’s time to play.
- The two axis gimbal was specifically designed to work with the GoPro action camera.
- The device has been known to only last a few flights or not fly at all.
- While promoted as an opportunity for the novice, the Aton Plus has a steep learning curve.
- Users have had difficulty linking the Aton Plus with its transmitter.
With a GoPro, the Traxxas Aton Plus Quadcopter will deliver professional content every time. Or, if you prefer, remove and leave the action camera in the carrying case and blow off some steam with a different type of action at, say, 50+ mph.
Coocheer Syma X8G 2.4 GHz 4CH 6 Axis Headless Mode RC Drone Quadcopter
In your search for the best drone for GoPro, don’t leave out the Coocheer Syma X8G 2.4 GHz 4CH 6 Axis Headless Mode RC Drone Quadcopter. It’s a slam dunk: 3D lock, greater operation to the force, one key 360 roll, six axis four channel control system and maximized anti-collision, anti-fall performance. It comes with an eight megapixel aerial camera, but its mount is compatible with the GoPro action camera.
- 1 RC Quadcopter
- 1 Remote Control
- 1 8 Megapixel Camera
- 1 Camera hanger
- 8 Blades
- 4 Blade Guards
- 1 7.4V 2000 mAh LiPo Battery
- 1 Power supply cable
- 4 Riggers and Foot stands
- 1 Card reader
- Memory card
- 1 Charge box
- Headless Mode eliminates the need to adjust aircraft position before taking flight.
- The six axis gyro provides exceptional stability, easy control under harsh conditions and allows for a range of movements.
- The device has Intelligent Orientation Control, eliminating the need to face the nose in the forward direction.
- The Coocheer Syma X8G is safe for indoor and outdoor adventure.
- With a single key, engage 360 degree continuous rolling, perfect for action sequences and enhanced performance.
- The included camera is easily attached and removed, and is ready for a GoPro.
- Users have opened new packages to discover broken or used items.
- There have been complaints the battery has to be charged for hours to get seven minutes of flight time.
The Coocheer Syma X8G 2.4 GHz 4CH 6 Axis Headless Mode RC Drone Quadcopter is a cheap GoPro quadcopter that will have tremendous influence whether you’re making a family video or conducting archaeological explorations.
Walkera QR X350 Pro Quadcopter GPS Drone with Devo 7 Transmitter RTF
The schooled are already familiar with the Walkera QR X350 Pro Quadcopter GPS Drone with Devo 7. They know for the best drones for GoPro, you want GPS altitude hold, compass sensors, one key return home, brushless power and more. A distinctive improvement over its previous generation, the Walkera QR X350 has an expansive battery compartment holding a 3S 5200 mAh 11.1v LiPO battery. This device is perfect for the GoPro Hero 3 or Hero 4.
- Walkera QR X350 Pro Quadcopter
- Devo 7 Transmitter
- 3S 5200 mAh 11.1v LiPO Battery
- Battery Charger
- The Return Home feature brings the drone back to its takeoff position with the flip of a switch.
- The Walkera drone has altitude sensors providing lock-in hover positioning.
- Among its rich features are compass sensors, low voltage detection, brushless power and the potential for semi-autonomous flights.
- There is plug-and-play compatibility with the optional purchase of the manufacturer’s G-2D brushless gimbal.
- The device is compatible with a range of open source mission planning software, including MAV and ardupilot.
- With additional Devo 7s, you can bind up to 15 vehicles.
- With Devo 7’s seven channels, the experienced flier will have exacting control of the QR X350.
- There have been complaints the battery refuses to charge.
The Walkera QR X350 Pro Quadcopter GPS Drone with Devo 7 Transmitter RTF is a stellar example of the kind of performance you want for an action camera.
Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter RTF with GoPro Gimbal
The Typhoon G continues Yuneec’s tradition of producing the best drones for GoPro. The Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter RTF with GoPro Gimbal maximizes use of your action camera. Look forward to all your aerial shoots being smooth and stunning. The drone delivers digital content directly to the ST10+ Ground Station system. Sports enthusiasts, daredevils, filmmakers and more have found the Typhoon G to be a powerful tool.
- Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter
- 3-Axis GoPro Gimbal
- ST10+ Ground Station / Transmitter
- Use the Typhoon G to capture impressive 4K video with a range of manual camera features that represent complete creative control.
- With the three axis gimbal, the digital downlink and the ST10+, capture the world in imaginative fashion.
- The device is powered by a 5400 mAh 3S 11.1 volt LiPO batter.
- This Yuneec drone has both Follow Me and Watch Me modes.
- Capture aerial images with a GoPro Hero.
- You will not need to be a pro to get professional stable shots with features like SteadyGrip.
- Real time streaming ensures you always capture only what you want.
- The gimbal is reported to angle and put the propellers in shots.
- A common issue seems to be the video feed often disconnects.
- Vendor does not supply operating manual specific to this model.
With the Yuneec Typhoon G Quadcopter RTF with GoPro Gimbal in hand, completely change the way you think whenever you look into the clouds and dream.
3DR Solo Drone Quadcopter
For a relatively cheap quadcopter GoPro, check out the 3DR Solo Drone Quadcopter. Its controller has been designed with a video game influence, making it easily identifiable to many of us. The controller has push button commands for comforting management of the quad and camera. With a single touch, land, take off or pause midair. Adjust camera angles, click to record or take a photograph, all on the fly. The Solo Drone is the only device with wireless streaming of HD video from a GoPro to other sources.
Box Contents (Quadcopter only package)
- 3DR Solo Drone Quadcopter
- Battery and Recharger
- Available in Quadcopter Only, Pre-installed Gimbal Bundle and Quadcopter Bundle.
- The first drone engineered with twin one gigahertz computers.
- A HDMI port allows the Solo to connect the GoPro with any screen for viewing content.
- Let Solo auto-follow, making it a completely hands free solution.
- Locked on a virtual cable, the Solo pans and tilts without needing to be manually piloted.
- The three axis gimbal uses dual computers to perfectly execute stable and precise shooting.
- The Solo gimbal is the sole product that offers in-flight control, wireless HD streaming and charging of the GoPro.
- Rumors abound that the manufacturer will stop making and supporting their drones.
- There have been connection issues between the quad and its controller.
The 3DR Solo Drone Quadcopter and GoPro Hero will give you the opportunity to fly and create, producing video and photography in affordable and professional fashion.
DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter V2.0 Bundle
DJI’s Phantom has revolutionized what you can do with a quad, inspired to close the distance between professional content, imagination and execution. The DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter V2.0 Bundle is a comprehensive package that will give all your projects an innovative slant. Power your GoPro, put it in the air and take beautiful shots everywhere you go.
- DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter
- Zenmuse H3-3D 3-axis Gimbal
- 5,200 mAh LiPo Battery
- Controller with Battery Recharger
- The 5200 mAh LiPo battery has intelligent circuitry and a built-in remaining charge indicator.
- The three axis gimbal works natively with the Phantom 2.
- The device has upgraded motors for increased thrust and improved props.
- The Phantom 2 provides power to the GoPro through a mini-USB port.
- The integrated GPS auto-piloting system returns precision flying and stability.
- The firmware includes a feature that lists “no fly” zones.
- Upgraded motors, ESCs and propellers provide greater control and power.
- The LiPo battery keeps the quad in the air almost 30 minutes.
- Signals to the transmitter have suddenly dropped, leaving the Phantom to fall from the sky.
- The gimbal may not tilt more than 30 degrees and refuse to face forward or down.
- Video has been ruined due to mid-flight jittering.
This DJI Phantom aerial UAV drone quadcopter for GoPro is going to be a reliable and efficient way to share experiences through professional level content.
Blade 350 QX RTF R/C Quadcopter Firmware 2.0 Drone
An out the box ready to fly option, the Blade 350 QX RTF R/C Quadcopter Firmware 2.0 Drone is optimized with improved firmware, new flight mode configuration and an updated GPS and compass performance. This best drone GoPro has SAFE Circle, Stick Relativity, Lock Agility, Self-leveling Stability Mode and more for every pilot’s enjoyment.
- Blade 350 QX RTF R/C Quadcopter
- The updated firmware enhances adventures.
- Flight mode configuration refines start procedures.
- The device has improved GPS and compass performance.
- The drone has an enhanced compass and GPS performance for better preflights and flights.
- There are two options for starting the drone.
- Motors have been known to fail as early as the first flight.
Among GoPro adventurers, the Blade 350 QX RTF R/C Quadcopter Firmware 2.0 Drone is a popular choice. This drone will improve all your operations.
Parrot AR Drone Quadricopter 2.0 Edition
The second edition of the Parrot AR Drone Quadricopter 2.0 Edition is a cheap quadcopter for GoPro. Record and share content straight from the drone’s proprietary app. The device is controlled by a tablet or smartphone. Tilting your device controls the drone’s direction, making this one of the easiest operations for flying.
- Parrot AR.Drone 2.0
- Lithium Polymer Battery
- The drone is operated by a range of personal devices.
- The device has an option for flying skill levels.
- Foam is incorporated in the construction to isolate engine vibrations from the inertial center.
- All parts are repairable and replaceable.
- It’s not unusual for the drone to refuse to get higher than a foot off the ground.
- Some features advertised are not actually included.
The only GoPro drone that connects to a personal device, the Parrot AR Drone Quadricopter 2.0 Edition is a smart and affordable way to capture and share adventures.
Walkera Scout X4 Ready to Fly FPV RC Quadcopter
The Walkera Scout X4 has FPV, a three axis brushless gimbal, an iLook+ camera (easily swapped out for a GoPro) and the Devo F12E 2.4 GHz transmitter. You can upgrade the payload from four to eight motors. Flight designation is set up through a tablet or phone via the ground station’s bluetooth functionality.
- Walkera Scout X4
- Ground Station
- 3 Axis Brushless Gimbal
- iLook+ Action Camera
- Devo F12E Transmitter
- The X4 utilizes the Waypoint Mission Flight Planner.
- The device has Follow Me, Follow Recorded and Track Back Home features.
- The real time telemetry system is compatible with a range of mobile devices..
- Battery has been known to not charge.
If you’re looking for the best quadcopter GoPro, put the Walkera Scout X4 Ready to Fly FPV RC Quadcopter on the short list. It has a robust construction and operates seamlessly through a phone or tablet.
Ehang GHOSTDRONE 2.0 Aerial
The Ehang GHOSTDRONE 2.0 Aerial is one of the easiest to fly drones around. All the pilot needs is an Android or iOS device and a small G-Box.
- Ehang GHOSTDRONE 2.0 Aerial
- 4K Sports Camera
- Battery and Charger
- The Ehang 4K sports camera provides four high resolution settings.
- The drone follows the movement of an Android or iOS device.
- No training or practice is required. Many features are available with a single screen tap.
- The motors have shut off in mid-flight.
With a quick camera swap, the Ehang GHOSTDRONE 2.0 Aerial becomes a best quadcopter for GoPro, upping the game on all your content.
Marketed as the “Autonomous Action Sports Drone,” the AirDog is a best RC quadcopter for GoPro Hero 3, constantly updating its performance through free updates.
- Airdog Quadcopter
- AirLease controller
- LiPo battery
- The controller is wearable and waterproof.
- The Airdog is engineered specifically for action sports.
- Combined with a GoPro, expect to capture all the action in impressive fashion.
- The AirDog is on the pricey side.
The AirDog gets the shot without you worrying about it. This device is the ultimate self-flying sports drone.
Ionic Stratus Drone Quadcopter for GoPro
The Ionic Stratus Drone Quadcopter makes for the perfect quadcopter GoPro kit, an affordable option for action content.
- Ionic Stratus Drone Quadcopter
- Two (2) batteries
- The quadcopter has a six axis gyro, one key return, shock absorbing cradle head and headless mode.
- This device is compatible with all GoPro Heroes.
- The computer is known to fail after a few flights.
An extremely affordable option for action filming, the Ionic Stratus Drone Quadcopter for GoPro is easy to fly and worth the investment.
Cheerson CXHOBBY CX-20 Professional
No list of the best GoPro copter would be complete without the Cheerson CXHOBBY CX-20 Professional.
- CXHOBBY CX-20 Auto-Pathfinder RTF Drone
- Remote Controller
- 11.1V 2700 mAH Battery
- Four (4) Propellers
- The device has four channel and six axis functionality.
- Charge the battery, attach the propellers and you’re good to go.
- Some pilots find this to be a poor Phantom imitation.
The Cheerson CXHOBBY CX-20 Professional is a best drone GoPro, standing out for its range of features.
Splash Drone Mariner II Waterproof Drone
Flush with autonomous features, the Splash Drone Mariner II Waterproof Drone is a best quadcopter for GoPro Hero 3.
- Splash Drone Mariner II
- 4S 4500 mAh LiPo Battery
- The device has a super strong body frame constructed of lightweight ABS.
- The smart flight control includes OSD modules and intelli-battery circuitry.
- The autopilot lets you focus on content.
- It has been reported the gimbal isn’t waterproof.
The Splash Drone Mariner II Waterproof Drone is perfect for divers, UW photographers and action enthusiasts.
XIRO Xplorer Quadcopter Kit GoPro – G Version
XIRO has produced the penultimate quadcopter kit GoPro. The XIRO Xplorer Quadcopter Kit GoPro offers stable and quality imagery along with fun flying.
- XIRO Xplorer
- Remote Control
- Manual Set of Propellers
- Four (4) CW Propellers
- GoPro Gimbal
- Smart Flight Battery
- Landing Pad Gear
- Power Adapter
- Micro USB Cable
- EU Adapter
- SAA Adapter
- UK adapter
- Neck Strap
- Range Extender
- Four (4) Vibration Absorbers
- The device is compatible with the Hero 4.
- The XIRO provides a high level of stable and blur-free imaging.
- The modular build makes for easy assembly and flying.
- Buyers have complained the drone worked until updating their phones.
The XIRO Xplorer Quadcopter Kit GoPro is an award winning quad that anyone can fly.
AEE Technology AP9 GPS Drone Quadcopter Aircraft System
The AEE Technology AP9 GPS Drone Quadcopter Aircraft System has 10 inch propellers, 25 minutes of flight time and semi-autonomous stability.
- AP9 GPS Drone Quadcopter
- Two (2) Mounts
- LiPo Battery
- The mounts work with the AEE S and GoPro action series.
- The all-weather body is capable of flight in rain and snow.
- Create dynamic photos and video during all your aerial adventures.
- The device does not come with setup instructions.
The AEE Technology AP9 GPS Drone Quadcopter Aircraft System is easy to operate and will make you a proficient pilot in no time.
Walkera H500 Carbon Edition Ready to Fly Hexacopter
While this list has focused on the best GoPro quadcopter, the Walkera H500 Carbon Edition Ready to Fly Hexacopter cannot be ignored.
- Walkera H500 Carbon Edition Hexacopter
- iLook+ camera
- Multi-axis gimbal
- The device has a one touch landing system.
- The H500 has a 5.8 GHz video feed and telemetry feedback.
- It comes with a range of functions that simplify flying and image capture.
- Device has dropped from the sky in GPS mode.
With a 12 channel radio, brushless gimbal and return to home, the Walkera H500 Carbon Edition Ready to Fly Hexacopter will be an exceptional companion with your GoPro.
Making The Decision
Flying quads is fun. Finding one can be daunting. There are an overwhelming number of options. If you want to use them with your GoPro action camera, you narrow the field, but you still have a lot of choices to wade through.
We want to help you find a flying machine perfect for your needs and your GoPro. One may come with a GoPro or just a compatible gimbal. Another may be modifiable. We’re going to operate on the idea that if you want to incorporate your action camera into flying, you’d like a drone that’s easy to use, letting you focus on capturing stunning visuals. Start here to find the best route to a good cheap GoPro quadcopter. From choosing between a Phantom 2 and a Coocheer Syma X8G, check out the reviews, tips and advice about the pros and cons of quadcopters and the one bests suited to work with GoPro.